Consumers Injured by E-Cigarettes
December 11th, 2015 | By: Walker Advertising | Posted in: From the CEO
At least three lawsuits have been filed after consumers were injured by exploding e-cigarettes or exploding device components. In September, one consumer was awarded nearly $1.9 million after a charging e-cigarette battery allegedly ignited in her car, badly burning the plaintiff. Another man allegedly suffered burns to his leg when an e-cigarette battery exploded in his pocket. Yet another e-cigarette that exploded while it was in use allegedly blew a hole in the consumer’s cheek and caught the room on fire.
The fledging e-cigarette industry is largely unregulated, despite being worth millions of dollars. Millions of people use e-cigarettes. The limited regulation means that they largely have to rely on the manufacturers and distributors to ensure the products are safe. Sadly, in some cases, it appears as though the devices may not have been as safe as the injured consumers once believed.
At Walker Advertising, we work hard to connect injured consumers to attorneys who can defend their rights. The cause of the injury doesn’t matter—we’re always willing to help victims who have been injured through no fault of their own. If you are an attorney who would like to join our attorney network, please call 1-800-4WALKER or email firstname.lastname@example.org