The position will be working on multiple WordPress websites for both B2C and B2B. This will include editing, removing, updating and creating from scratch multiple pages and entire websites.
Team and Process:
The developer will work closely, on site, with a UI/UX designer, content writers and an SEO specialist. Walker Advertising follows strict scrum methodology with one-week sprints.
- Support digital team in web-based projects
- Maintain and develop front-end features and custom themes for several custom WordPress sites
- Work with UI/UX designer on developing pages based on approved design mockups with supported style guides and assets.
- Work with SEO specialist in optimizing websites and pages.
- Work with content writers in editing copy and content on websites and pages.
- Develop responsive websites and landing pages
- Fully manage all WordPress plugins (install, update, test and debug)
- Contribute to cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display
- Participate in architectural discussions and present technical recommendations
- Create documentation, provide estimates, and work with project stakeholders
- Actively optimize website and page performance
- Takes the initiative to experiment with new ideas and technologies.
- Anticipates the impact of emerging technologies and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Ensures code is maintainable and supportable.
- Listens thoughtfully to others and asks relevant questions to confirm understanding.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or a related field
- Three to five years coding with PHP
- Five plus years working with WordPress
- Six plus years creating responsive websites
- Passionate about collaborating with team members
- On-site only in our Torrance office
- Time-efficient, work must not take longer than your fellow team members collectively believe it should take.
- Self-motivated and driven, has a desire to produce high-quality work
- Problem-solver, doesn’t ignore potential risks and issues
- Manages their time well while working under minimal supervision
- Easily adapts to changing priorities
- Experience working with version control systems
- Experience working with security development techniques.
- Experience with WCAG compliancy
- Experience working with APIs
Desired but not Required:
- Experience working with lead generation websites
- Experience with SEO best practices
- Experience working with scrum
- Experience working with other CMS
- Experience with DevOps or Jira
- Experience with A/B testing platforms such as Google Optimize, VWO or Optimizely
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting Google Analytics or Tag Manager issues
At Walker Advertising, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on improving and impacting the people’s lives in our local community today, and for generations to come. If you are a Software Developer and you are interested in making a difference as part of our amazing team, please submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Location: Torrance, CA