Walker Advertising is an innovative, direct response focused media and marketing company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Walker Advertising touches the lives of millions of people monthly with our content, consumer experiences and our products and services.
We are seeking a self-motivated and collaborative individual to join our rapidly growing team. This position is focused on the infrastructure, development and support of company software initiatives. The Software Developer will work closely with Business Stakeholders, Product Owners, and Business Analysts to deliver solutions that meet business requirements and adhere to defined technology standards.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify and clarify business requirements
- Develop technical specifications and participate in design reviews to facilitate changes and enhancements in the architecture
- Design, develop, and unit test software applications/services and own your code all the way to production
- Provide input and execute on efforts to improve the efficiency and quality of our software development projects
- Deliver high quality solutions and code by participating in design and code reviews and following industry standard software development best practices
Experience, Education, and Abilities
- 4+ years of hands-on software development experience with C# and the .NET framework
- Experience with core Computer Science principles, design patterns, object oriented programming, and software development best practices
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with MS SQL Server including T-SQL, stored procedures, and query tuning.
- Familiarity with TDD and experience writing unit tests
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience designing and developing microservices is preferred
- Experience with cloud application design using Azure is preferred.
- Experience with .NET-based Windows Application Development is a plus
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks (eg React) is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a local candidate or able to relocate to the Los Angeles / Orange County Area
At Walker Advertising, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on improving and impacting the people’s lives in our local community today, and for generations to come. If you are a Software Developer and you are interested in making a difference as part of our amazing team, please submit your resume.