Walker Advertising is an innovative, direct response focused media and marketing company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Walker Advertising touches the lives of millions of people monthly with our content, consumer experiences and our products and services.
We are seeking a self-motivated and collaborative individual to join our rapidly growing team. This position is focused on the infrastructure, development and support of company software initiatives. The .NET Architect/Lead Developer will work closely with Business Stakeholders, Product Owners, and Business Analysts to deliver solutions that meet business requirements and adhere to defined technology standards.
- Design, enhance, and manage desktop and web applications/services, including all tiers of the application (UI, code-behind, middle-tier business components, database layer)
- Facilitate the changes and enhancements in the architecture
- Provide input and execute on efforts to improve the efficiency and quality of our software development projects
- Conduct and assist in design and code reviews, unit and integration testing
- Mentor other developers
Experience, Education, and Abilities
- 8+ years of software development experience with demonstrable experience and fundamental understanding of the .NET Framework (C#) including ASP.NET, XML, web services, REST services, data structures and collections, configuration, etc.
- 4+ years architecting web-based applications
- 2+ years of leading and managing teams of software developer. Experience working with an off-shore team is preferred.
- Experience with GIT and Agile/Scrum is required
- Experience with .NET-based Windows Application Development and microservice architecture is a plus
- Hands-on expertise with MS SQL Server including T-SQL, Store Procedures, User-Defined Functions, Indexed Views, and query tuning.
- A comprehensive understanding of the application development process, including compilation/building, deployment, and source control
- Comfortable with automated testing tools, continuous integration/delivery, defect/task tracking, etc.
- Experience with cloud application design using Azure is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot legacy applications.
- Strong documentation and record keeping skills, with extreme attention to the development and maintenance of, as well as following documented Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must be a local candidate or able to relocate to the Los Angeles / Orange County Area
At Walker Advertising, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on improving and impacting the people’s lives in our local community today, and for generations to come. If you are a Software Developer and you are interested in making a difference as part of our amazing team, please submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Location: Torrance, CA