Walker Advertising, a leading and growing legal marketing agency, is seeking a Vice President of Traditional Media to join our marketing team This position is responsible for leading the traditional media team in the development and execution of our traditional marketing communication strategy in order to reach our target consumer audiences and generate response in a cost-effective manner. This position will work closely with marketing leadership to determine how to best combine data-driven strategy and solutions with creative expertise to drive strong results for our in-house brands—Los Defensores and 1-800-THE-LAW2.
Primary duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and motivate the team of traditional media buyers, planners and associates.
- Develop and maintain relationships with decision makers of new and existing media outlets
- Research and analyze target markets to develop strategic and tactical plans to grow the business
- Plan, direct and help set the strategic direction of marketing and traditional media development initiatives with the organization
- Monitor business performance and present actionable insights to leadership team
- Forecast market trends, based on historical performance.
- Work with media buyers and marketing leadership to ensure the media buys fit the overall strategy, brand positioning and creative execution.
- Build data driven insights and sound judgement to help challenge and solve marketing problems
- Maintain an active ‘test and learn’ agenda
- Collaborate with the digital media team lead to ensure a comprehensive media strategy is in place.
- Expertise in running traditional direct-to-consumer broadcast campaigns for DR and brand, including a deep understanding of media planning, buying, testing and optimization.
- Deep and broad relationships with stations and media providers, including local and national media, with a particular emphasis on Spanish language media channels.
- Data Driven – Understands metrics and the key data points that drive success in traditional media
- Strategic – Knows how to create and articulate a comprehensive plan for the traditional media department that aligns with the company’s overarching strategy. Can see the big picture clearly and then drill down to the details where needed.
- Bilingual, with extensive experience in Spanish language marketing
- Up to date on all media trends and has intelligent point of view on OTT, CTV, and other developing forms of traditional media distribution (streaming services, podcasts, etc.), as well as an understanding of how digital media and traditional media play together to build brands and drive response.
- An experienced and natural leader who has inspired marketing and media teams to think differently and to act with courage, thoughtfulness and speed.
- A mix of agency experience and client-side media management is a plus.
- A true collaborator who understands how traditional and new media channels can work together in today’s consumer ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Math, Statistics or other related fields
- Knowledge of Nielsen, Kantar and other research databases are a big plus
- Exceptional attention to detail and data analysis
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage priorities/deadlines
- Ability to adapt to new situations and changing priorities
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically and identify/resolve problems
- Experience working with cross functional teams to translate business needs into data requirements
Walker Advertising LLC. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Walker Advertising LLC. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.