Most attorneys do not see growth in lead generation and caseloads because they are not focusing on the most effective areas or channels when it comes to law firm marketing. Some lawyers are not showing expansion due to a lack of professional development events, less effective services or activities, and an overall lack of authenticity when connecting with prospective clients.
Law firms need a multi-faceted marketing plan and an aggressive plan to meet and exceed their professional goals. With today’s competitive industry, attorneys must be more efficient than ever.
The legal industry is dramatically changing, and it is essential for the success of your firm that you invest in the best possible marketing practices. As far as law firm marketing trends are concerned, there are many exciting and innovative strategies that will give your practice an even more competitive edge.
Here are the most effective marketing techniques and strategies that will help your firm thrive:
- Analyzing data in order to gain truly beneficial insight is extremely valuable when it comes to effective marketing. Not only are firms collecting data from various media outlets, they are actually assessing the data in a more intricate manner in order to develop meaningful insights from the collected information. Many practices are leaning on professional data analysts to help them best understand the result of their numerous media campaigns and efforts. This trend will help firms generate more leads and make the most out of your investment. Firms that keep up with this trend will have a much better idea of how to reach and engage with their target audience. Adopt this trend and your firm will more accurately measure your Return on Investment than ever before.
- Efficiently utilize your firm’s marketing resources. Look to the professionals to approve of your online presence. Simply having an online presence doesn’t translate to good marketing. There are many aspects involved when it comes to Internet marketing. With the trends and techniques shifting so quickly, it’s best to trust a law firm website system that will ensure that you are getting the most out of your investment. Not only will you be able to build an easy-to-update responsive website without any complications, but professional law firm website systems will allow you to update your content, analyze data, view marketing reports, gain insight from experts, and ultimately, generate quality leads.
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly. Research shows that mobile usage is now dominating desktop traffic, and your firm needs to adjust to the change. Most potential clients are using their phones and tablets to search for representation. It is essential to have a website that is seamlessly accessible through a mobile device. Ensure that visitors can view your site, easily navigate, and download necessary files in order to get to know your firm. Adding things like clickable phone numbers and Google Maps to your ‘Contact Us’ page will make it easier for mobile users to connect with your firm.
- Create and maintain content frequently. If you have a website or a blog, make sure you are creating fresh content, whether it’s a blog post or a video, on a regular basis. Focus on a plan of action and remain consistent so clients and visitors know when to expect content from your firm. For example, if you decide that your firm’s blog will be updated weekly, ensure that you keep this pace so you are a consistent, reliable resource. Blog articles are also a great way to connect with potential clients through the resources they may need. Fresh content keeps your firm relevant and connected. Furthermore, there is a proven SEO benefit to building out a website’s content; search engines like Google and Bing prioritize fresh content (as long as it’s of high quality).
- Intelligent content is essential. This is definitely a buzz word when it comes to recent marketing trends, and it is something you should familiarize yourself with, if you haven’t already. So, what is intelligent content, anyway? According to The Content Marketing Institute and defined by Ann Rockley, “Intelligent content is content that’s structurally rich and semantically categorized and therefore automatically discoverable, reusable, reconfigurable, and adaptable.” The definition discusses six key areas. It describes intelligent content as reusable, reconfigurable, adaptable, automatically discoverable, semantically categorized, and structurally rich.
- Multichannel marketing will be at the core of your firm’s marketing plan. Utilizing a number of platforms to expand influence is key to increasing your caseload and engaging with potential clients. By tackling different areas of focus, you increase your potential to connect with the community at various times and through multiple sources. If you use Google Analytics, you can set up Goals such as contact form submissions, and under the ‘Conversions’ section of the platform you can see ‘Top Conversion Paths’. You will find that various digital channels like organic search, paid search, direct traffic, etc. are constantly intermingling and contribute to each other’s success. For example, a potential client could first discover your site through organic search, see a Paid ad a few days later, and then ultimately return directly to your site before filling out a contact form. While the ultimate conversion channel was direct search, your organic and paid efforts were essential in the conversion process.
- Make your firm a valuable resource. With high-quality written content, your site will produce traffic from community members looking to learn about the legal industry. This can lead to future clients. Since readers have familiarized themselves with your firm through the quality content you have produced, they will be more likely to trust your firm with their case. Furthermore, rich, useful content will be shared and circulated, leading to more of an influence and more leads. Blog posts, videos, and infographics are great examples of effective written content.
- Make sure all of you marketing efforts are measurable. Keep in mind that without an assessment of the effectiveness of your marketing plan, your strategies have no value. Investing money on measurable techniques ensures that you are spending your money wisely. This helps you eliminate what doesn’t work so that you can spend more money on what is working for your firm.
- Social media and conversion are important topics to master. Most practices have integrated social media into their marketing campaigns and have started reaching clients through various platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. However, conversion has become the buzzword when it comes to social media marketing. This year, law firms are designing and implementing social media strategies that will not only deliver content, but will also result in engagement from their audiences. This means that through social media, firms will generate leads and have some type of active engagement and actual results through their presence on the influential platforms.
- Identify and focus on your target audience. Take careful consideration when it comes to the community and potential clients you are targeting. Keep in mind that leads are not created equal. In order to get quality leads that result in conversion, a target audience is a must. If you specialize in a specific practice area, learn the demographics of the target client. Depending on age, location, gender, etc. of your target client, your strategy will have to adapt.
- Look to the experts. In a highly aggressive market, it is extremely valuable to consider legal marketing firms like Walker Advertising to help you reach and exceed the professional goals you have set for your firm. We are a full-service advertising agency specializing in the creation of advertising campaigns for the legal profession. The mission of Walker Advertising is to provide the community access to qualified attorneys through our powerful brands.
With so many different options and marketing techniques, many lawyers find themselves overwhelmed. Simplify the process and take advice from the experts at Walker Advertising. Our team will lead you in the direction of your goals. Some of the most powerful and respected trial lawyers in the country trust us to help them continue growing their practice. Walker Advertising is a full-service advertising agency specializing in the creation of advertising campaigns for the legal profession.
Our legal marketing process at Walker Advertising has been finely tuned to help us best serve attorneys like you. Our meticulous approaches and strategies enable us to help more members of the community and the practices of attorney members expand their reach and connect with more prospective clients. We will guide you when it comes to the most effective strategies, the latest in legal marketing news, and the hottest law firm marketing trends.