In today’s digital age, consumers hardly ever make any purchases, no matter how large or small, without looking up reviews. Whether someone is purchasing a car, booking a trip, or simply buying household necessities, we all look to Yelp and other review sites to give us insight into the options we are considering. With so many possibilities, reviews are what set one product or service apart from the next. So, why would law firms be any different? Consumers are looking for feedback from clients when seeking counsel. Direct reports from past clients are becoming increasingly valuable to law firms. Checking lawyer reviews is one of the first steps many people take when looking for a quality attorney during times of need.
If you’re wondering what we mean by reviews, we are referring to any type of feedback or insight from current or former clients that are found online. These are first-hand accounts from those who have come in contact with your firm and have been represented by your attorneys. Also, it is important to note that many times potential clients will also write reviews regarding the initial inquiry and consultation process. Customer reviews touch on all areas including service, professionalism, website, success rates, and more. Many clients access these reviews on Yelp, Google, and Lawyers.com. Don’t underestimate the importance of lawyer reviews.
With that said, it is imperative that you give your current and past clients access to review sites in order to increase the number of reviews, especially positive feedback. So, how can you increase your reviews? Here are a few tips.
- Include a link on your website that will take clients directly to review sites like Yelp.
- Social media sites like Facebook also provide a platform for client reviews. Being active on social media reminds clients of a space where they can provide feedback about their experience with your firm.
- Invite former clients to visit your site and leave a review through email marketing and mailers.
- Include a link in your email signature. Clients will be just a click away from leaving a review.
- Send out newsletters and enhance your email marketing campaign which will allow your firm to stay relevant and remind clients to provide feedback.
- Include a link to your site on your business cards and expand your networking strategies so more people have access to your website where they can leave a review.
Above all, the best way to ensure positive feedback and a higher volume of reviews is through quality customer service and professionalism. Create an experience that is exceptional. This will compel current, former, and potential clients to share their positive experience.